Statements from Romney and his campaign staff during the RNC, which includes both amplifications of speeches and other statements, were heavily focused on Candidate Character. Over one-third (34.4%) of statements from the Romney campaign during the RNC were about that topic alone. In discussion of Character, the Romney camp more often attacked Obama than praised Romney. 30% of their statements on Character were negative to Obama and just 14% were positive to Romney. The majority (86%) of these statements came from amplification of statements from Mitt Romney’s and Paul Ryan’s speeches. The other 14% came from additional commentary from Romney’s staff.

Chart shows percentage of statements from the Romney campaign broken out by topic and sentiment. Time frame is August 27-31.

Chart shows percentage of statements from the Romney campaign broken out by topic and sentiment. Time frame is August 27-31.